These questions were used in our YouTube livestream on 3/26/2022. We had fun with the blend of Women’s History Month and travel. The questions stumped some of our audience members. See how many you can get right. The answers are at the bottom of this post. No peeking though! That’s takes out all the fun.
The links go to national park sites and others than relate to the question. You can follow them for more information.
- The 8 National Parks Devoted to Women’s History?
- Harriet Tubman National Historical Park is in what state?
A New York
B. New Jersey
C. New Mexico
- Harriet Tubman was known as
B. Revolutionary war hero.
- Moses of her people
A. First women of the American frontier
B. A presidential wife or relative
C. Famous women explorers
6. Clara Barton is known as the founder of the Red Cross. In what state is the Clara Barton National Historic Site located?
C. McLean, VA
7. Before founding the Red Cross, Clara Barton was a
8. Per the National Park Service, Mary McLeod Bethune achieved her greatest recognition at the Washington, DC townhouse that is now this National Historic Site. The Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site is known for…
A. Helping the less fortunate
B. First Headquarters of the National Council of Negro Women
C. Site of a civil rights march
9. Eleanor Roosevelt National Historic Site is in where?
A. Washington, DC
B. New York
10. Elanor Roosevelt’s husband was
A. Franklin Delano Roosevelt
B. Theodore Roosevelt
C. Teddy Roosevelt
11. Who was Rosie the Riveter?
A. Cultural icon
12. In what war did Rosie the Riveter become an icon?
C. Korean War
13.Maggie Lena Walker devoted her life to civil rights advancement, economic empowerment, and educational opportunities for Jim Crow-era African Americans and women. The Maggie Walker National Historic Site is in
A. Richmond, VA
B. Washington, DC
C. Annapolis, MD
14. In an unusual job for a woman of her time, Maggie Walker was a
B. Bank president
15. Women’s Rights National Historical Park tells the story of tells the story of the first Women’s Rights Convention held in Seneca Falls, NY. What document bears the line “We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men and women are created equal”?
A. Declaration of Independence
B. Declaration of Sentiments
C. The Constitution of the United States
These trivia questions are in recognition of Women’s History Month. We hope you enjoyed them. These are inspired by the national park sites that commemorate women’s history.