My $40 Day Trip series is back on YouTube! I’ll have at least one video up per month. The idea behind a $40 day trip is for all expenses to fit within the budget – including gas. Budget doesn’t mean boring. Day trips can be a lot of fun! One idea is, if you choose a vacation that’s farther from home, offset the extra gas by reducing your food budget. That’s only the beginning. There are tons of ways to have a fun $40 day trip.
Here are some tips that may help you:
- Choose a destination close to you: Travel expenses can quickly add up, so it’s best to choose a destination that’s within driving distance or accessible by public transportation.
- Pack your own food: Instead of eating out at restaurants, bring your own food and snacks for the day. You can pack a picnic lunch or bring a cooler with sandwiches and drinks.
- Look for free or low-cost activities: There are many free or low-cost activities to do in most cities. Check out parks, museums with free admission, and lakes or beaches (if you’re near them).
- Plan your own scavenger hunt. Pick up brochures from a rest area or tourist bureau to help you out.
- Take a scenic drive and have a picnic
- A tour of historic markers in your city or county is an inexpensive way to experience your area.
- Pick up free or cheap souvenirs. Postcards, maps, getting a stamp in a notebook, pencils, pens (or pins) are some ideas that can help you stay within a $40 day trip budget.
- Take a self-guided walking tour. Most cities offer them. Look for a printable map online or pick one up at a visitor center.
Remember to plan ahead and do some research to find the best deals and discounts available. With some creativity and planning, you can have an enjoyable $40 day trip
Check out my YouTube channel for more ideas. Be Bodacious