Trivia questions for American Wetlands Month is a travel game to keep the family entertained. American Wetlands Month is in May of each year to raise awareness of the importance of wetlands. They improve water quality, control water erosion and provide homes for many species of birds. Print the article out and take it with you on your next road trip. The answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. What month is American Wetlands Month? A. May, B. June, C. July
2. True or false. Wetlands are an area of land that is either covered by water or saturated with water.
3. True or false. Wetlands are important because they improve water quality and provide wildlife habitat.
4. What state has more wetlands than in any other state? A. Arizona, B. Louisiana, C. Alaska
5. Wetlands include bogs, fens, tundra, marshes and ____________. A. Swamps B. Oceans C. Mountains
6. How many of the United States’ threatened and endangered species live only in wetlands? Is it more than A. 1/3, B. 1/2, C. 3/4
7. True or False. Blueberries, cranberries, timber and wild rice are each grown in wetlands.
8. How many 7000 plant species live in U.S. wetlands? A. 5,000, B. 7,000, C. 9.000
9. Which one is not a wetland? A. Estuary, B. Mangrove, C. Desert
10. More wetlands = more A. crab, B. plants, C. Both
1. A, 2. True, 3. True, 4. Alaska, 5. Swamps, 6. Over 1/3 of the threatened and endangered species live only in wetlands, 7. True, 8. B., 9. C., 10. Both